Google has recently released the Android 13 QPR3 Beta 1, a testing version of the quarterly feature update Pixel Feature Drops for Android 13.
The Android 13 QPR3 Beta 1 (T3B1.230224.005) is 258MB in size and offers a lot of bug fixes. It is currently compatible with Pixel 4a, Pixel 5 and 5a, Pixel 6 and 7 series. Users can download the update via OTA after registering for the testing program.
Join the testing program:
Android 13 QPR3 brings the following new features:
- The keyboard is automatically displayed when the app drawer is opened, allowing users to initiate a search immediately. Google has optimized the keyboard and drawer animation effects.
- The transient taskbar for tablets and foldable devices has returned in Android 13 QPR3. This feature hides the taskbar when not in use and reappears when swiping up from the bottom.
- The weather forecast and At A Glance widget on the Pixel phone’s home screen have been decoupled from the lock screen, and users can disable weather cards on the lock screen.
- The battery percentage has returned to the notification bar.
- Optimized the menu that appears when an app icon is long-pressed in the Pixel Launcher.
- Personalized lock screen shortcuts allow users to select from a set of alternative shortcuts.
- Code for customizable emoji background, but not enabled.
Android 13 QPR3 Beta 1 fixes the following issues:
- Fixed the issue of clock text color being incorrect on the lock screen.
- Fixed the issue of Bluetooth audio not working properly on some devices.
- Fixed the issue of the fingerprint icon, which is usually displayed on the screen to indicate the position of the fingerprint sensor, being incorrectly changed to an exclamation mark (!).
- Fixed the issue of not being able to select or use live wallpapers.
- Fixed the issue of resetting the home screen widgets, app icon positions, and other configurable options after installing OTA updates.
- Fixed the issue of unregistering from face unlock after installing OTA updates.