On March 17th, Microsoft officially announced a series of updates to new Bing.
Some of these improvements have already been released earlier this week.
- Edge browser gets new Bing sidebar: With the release of Edge v111.0.1661.41, Edge users can chat with new Bing in the browser sidebar.
- Increased chat limit to 15/150: The daily chat quota for new Bing has been increased to 150 questions, with 15 back-and-forth exchanges per session.
- Faster response testing: Microsoft is testing optimizations for the “balanced” mode, which provides faster response times.
- Sharing new Bing chats: Sharing of new Bing answers is now supported on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, email, or using a persistent link.
- Improved context understanding: Bing’s ability to absorb more/longer context in “creativity” conversations has been improved.
- Group chat with Bing in Skype: Users can now use Bing preview with friends in Skype. Simply join a group chat with at least one approved person, add Bing as a participant, and everyone can chat with it, regardless of their waiting list status.