[ 更新于 2023 年 3 月 19 日 ]
On the afternoon of March 16th, Baidu released the long-awaited “Ernie Bot”（Wenxin Yiyan）chatbot. Baidu’s CEO demonstrated the abilities of “Ernie Bot,” including literary and commercial copywriting, mathematical logic reasoning, Chinese language understanding, and multimodal generation.
- At the press conference, Li Yanhong used a pre-recorded video to demonstrate “Ernie Bot.” He explained that asking questions to the AI requires a lot of input, so the demo was pre-recorded to save time.
- There was no actual testing demonstration of “Ernie Bot” at the press conference.
- The internal testing of “Ernie Bot” uses an invitation system, and only users who have an invitation code can test it.
- The English language understanding ability of “Ernie Bot” is not as strong as its Chinese language understanding ability due to less training material in English.
- Li Yanhong said that due to cost considerations, “Ernie Bot” does not currently support the “video generation” feature in the demo.
- Baidu acknowledges that “Ernie Bot” is not perfect and needs to be improved based on user feedback.
- Starting from March 16th, the first batch of users can experience the product on the Ernie Bot official website with an invitation code, and more users will be invited later.
- Baidu Intelligent Cloud will soon open the Ernie Bot API interface calling service for enterprise customers, and the reservation for the cloud service testing is now open.