Mozilla released Firefox 111.0 stable version on the 14th local time.
Unlike usual feature-packed versions, the updates in Firefox 111.0 are quite limited. The new features include enabling Windows native notifications, allowing Firefox Relay users to create email masks directly from the Firefox password manager, and adding two new language environments.
In addition, Firefox 111 also fixes eight high-impact and several moderate-impact security issues.
See the update log below.
- Windows native notifications are now enabled.
- Firefox Relay users can now choose to create Relay email masks directly from the Firefox credentials manager. You must log in with your Firefox account.
- We have added two new language environments: Silhe Friulian (fur) and Sardinian (sc).
- Various security fixes.
- See developer information: https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Firefox/Releases/111
- Web Platform
- Support for using the rel attribute on form elements is now available, allowing for a simpler cross-browser way to specify the relationship between the current document and the form target.
- Origin private file system access is now enabled, a new storage API that allows web applications to store and retrieve data in a sandboxed file system.