Telegram has just released a major update that brings new power-saving modes, optimizations for low-end Android devices, and more playback speed options.
We’ve summarized the key points of this update from the lengthy release notes.
- New power-saving mode that can be manually or automatically enabled based on battery percentage (“Settings” > “Power Saving”).
- Precise control over audio and video playback speeds (hold down the 2x button to select any speed from 0.2x to 2.5x).
- Read receipts for groups with less than 100 people now display the time when each person read the message.
- Support for sending group invite links as messages with message previews.
- Recently used Telegram sticker packs moved to the top of the panel (can be disabled).
- Developers can translate bot descriptions into multiple languages.
- iOS users can mark all chats in a folder as read with one tap. When forwarding messages, they can quickly find chats using folders.
- 10 new custom emoji packs have been added for Telegram premium users.
- New interactive emojis and reactions have been added.
- Over 400 known bugs in the Telegram application have been fixed.
- Android version: https://telegram.org/dl/android
- iOS version: https://telegram.org/dl/ios (AppStore still under review at the time of publication)