Google has just released the latest stable version of Chrome 111. Chrome 111 focuses on security updates but also brings some new features. On our test device, the Windows version of Chrome has been upgraded from 110.0.5481.178 to 111.0.5563.65.
This update applies to all platforms, including: Mac version (111.0.5563.64), Linux version (111.0.5563.64), Windows version (111.0.5563.64 or 111.0.5563.65), Android version (111.0.5563.57 or 111.0.5563.58), and Windows/Mac Chrome extension version (110.0.5481.192).
Major improvements in Chrome 111 stable version:
- Chrome 111 fixed 40 security vulnerabilities, including vulnerabilities in CSS, V8, developer tools, and crash reports. The most severe vulnerability was marked as “high.”
- Chrome 111 added more privacy sandbox features. Users will see an updated user experience, displaying confirmation dialogs and may be guided to the settings page.
- Chrome 111 added support for Azure AD Single Sign-On (SSO). It supports automatic login to Microsoft identity provider using Windows account information. This feature is disabled by default and only applies to Windows 10 and 11.
- iOS version of Chrome 111 supports Web Speech API for speech recognition. The conversion from speech to text is processed by Apple servers.
- Other improvements are related to web developers, please see: https://chromestatus.com/features#milestone%3D111